Some of the main advantages of using XML as a technology for web design are:
• Independent System
• Standards of independent suppliers
• Exchange of complex lossless data between systems using different formats
• For programmers, XML parsers are available
• Simple API for XML
• Document Object Parser (DOM) parser.
• Data collection is rich in markup benefits such as XML format can be read
• Flexibility to define labels to suit the application.
XML uses distributed client / server approach. The customer is usually the user interface that is connected through remote procedure calls to the server through a calculation engine or database.
XML is extremely useful in the following areas:
• XML-based Collaborative Commerce
• Movie files
• Content Management System XML based on improved production time
• XML in the electronic management of the supply chain and content distribution
• XML kept informed job seekers
• Logistics moving to XML
• Database of prescription drugs based on XML helps pharmacists advise their customers
• The database for future research
• XML is revolutionizing material handling
• XML links logistics companies to become world power
• Simplify the exchange of complex patient records
• Mobile XML puts the company in the pocket
• XML reduces the risk in transporting dangerous goods, etc.
XML provides a standard framework for information technology (IT) standards. Usually puts some restrictions on how humans or software agents interact in order to enable collaboration on a common basis. There is an additional standard called XML as a meta-standard. Meta-rules specify how other standards can be defined. In principle, one can imagine a whole hierarchy of meta-rules and standards that have applications in the different levels of specificity.
Therefore, XML has been widely used to integrate enterprises, supply chains and web applications because it is:
• Standardized – Many products are available from many manufacturers to implement something like the World Wide Web Consortium XML Recommendation.
• Simple – the technology is easy to learn and implement, with many tutorials and “how to” books available.
• Self-described – simple data-sharing applications can be written without reference to the detailed format descriptions and diagrams.